Engineer, Future Health System
The SGH 3D Printing Centre (3DPC) is a new unit which enables clinical excellence through applied imaging, employing 3D printing to aid, improve and transform medical care.
As the Centre Engineer, you will support the 3DPC in meeting the clinical 3D printing needs of our patients, research and develop new technologies and processes, as well as implement new capabilities and quality control measures.
Your job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, Develop, and Deliver patient-specific anatomical models, surgical guides and appliances, from medical imaging, through the operation of the 3DPC
- Co-develop patient-specific and/or patient-matched implants with biomedical companies, for close time-frame, intra-operative deployment
- Execute relevant methods of healthcare Engineering Design, including the fulfillment of workflow process steps, the proper derivation and documentation of procedures and design portfolios, the application of quality standards, the maintenance of paperwork for scheduling and billing purposes
- Upkeep the necessary accreditation and licensing requirements applicable to 3D printing
- Ensure that the software and systems used in 3D printing are updated with the latest enhancements and libraries
- Manage machines to ensure they are running at optimal operational conditions and at high standards of Quality, Environment, Health and Safety
- Assist in administrative and technical matters pertaining to the 3DPC
- Work closely with physicians, allied health staff (i.e. radiographer imaging specialists, physiotherapists, etc) and administrative staff to fulfill the goals of the 3DPC
- Provide support by assisting with medical publications of the 3DPC
The ideal desired qualities of a candidate would possess would include:
- Degree in Biomedical Engineering or relevant field with additive manufacturing with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Attention to detail in 3D modelling, verbal/written communication, tracking maintenance/quality, the entire process/workflow for 3D printing/device design
- Efficient in using various 3D Printing software that generate 3D-printable objects
- Mastery of 3D printing methods, materials, vendors and capabilities
- Understanding of DICOM images, basic knowledge of CT and MRI physics, and image artifacts
- Experience creating 3D models in a healthcare setting
- Experience operating and maintaining 3D Printers, inventory management, waste management
- Rapid-prototyping experience
- Human anatomy and medical terminology exposure and experience
- Project Management experience
- Prior research experience and understanding of research methodologies
- Able to establish good rapport and network with internal or external parties
- Ability to facilitate discussions with different levels of staff
- Grasp of technology trend in specific those influencing healthcare
- Experience in medical device accreditation would be advantageous
- Forward thinking
- Task driven, Efficient, Meticulous
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong planning, analytical and organisation skills
- Excellent EQ and interpersonal skills
Engineer, Future Health System
Degree in Biomedical Engineering or relevant field with additive manufacturing with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field.
Intermediate or Experienced
Years of Experience:
> Prior experience in the field of Digital Printing.
> Basic understanding of human anatomy and medical imaging processing would be helpful.
> Able to establish good rapport and network with internal or external parties.
> Ability to facilitate discussions with different levels of staff
> Grasp of technology trend in specific those influencing healthcare
> Experienced in medical device accreditation would be advantageous
> Forward thinking and task driven
> Excellent facilitation skills
> Strong planning, analytical and organisation skills
> Excellent EQ and interpersonal skills