KosmodeHealth is currently able to perform extraction of protein and fibre of food waste stream, such as Barley Spent Grains, at 100kg scale.
The PRODUCTION ENGINEER will be responsible for the setup, certification and management of a food grade protein fibre extraction and protein/fibre powder & pre-mix production facility. The facility must be setup in accordance to required safety rules & regulations.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Draw up plan for the setup of a food grade factory for extraction of protein/fibre from food waste stream, for production of protein/fibre powder and functional food pre-mix.
• Manage the factory set-up and certification process.
• Plan, manage, and oversee all elements of production.
• Source, qualify and procure machines, tools, equipment, etc. for the factory.
• Lead, manage all engineering aspects related to design, selection of equipment, commissioning, qualifying and validating processes.
• Verify and validate vendors scope of work in commissioning activities
• Lead inspection and test plans for equipment including Factory Acceptance Tests (FATS)
• Ensure all steps of production run smoothly and efficiently.
• Responsible for the maintenance of all machineries/equipment in the factory.
• Recruit, train and manage factory workers to ensure smooth and safe running of the factory.
• Train, supervise, and develop production line workers.
• Communicate with clients and vendors to obtain materials and/or equipment needed
• Follow and adhere to all state, federal and company enforced safety rules and regulations
Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Master degree preferred
Intermediate or Experienced
Years of Experience:
• Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
• Familiarity with CAD software
• Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access)
• 2+ years proven experience in setup and/or management of food and/or food ingredient factory
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
• Proven track record in effective stakeholders’ management i.e of employees, vendors, clients
• Detail-oriented and extremely efficient
Food Science & Technology