Reporting to – General Manager
The Robotics Engineer will work with a team of outstanding and passionate executives and staff with responsibility for the ongoing prosperity of the Wire Additive Manufacturing, robotics, welding and its international forays.
KEY ROLES & DUTIES
The position’s key roles & duties include:
• Overall operation of 3D printing Robotic equipment and activities, manufacturing, prototyping and planning of projects.
• Continued development of robotic welding procedures for all materials, continued optimization of weld procedures and capabilities. Assisting to feed this into WAMSoft & 3D build path software.
• Operations of manufactured of parts: Assist in creating build files, layouts and modify CAD models to reflect the part geometries and path planning. General operation of the robotic systems during manufacturing, problem solving and operational tasks during the process builds.
• Development and improvement of operational procedures including technical, safety and quality system documents.
• Scope planning and implementation of any new opportunities and techniques, materials testing and prototype work for customers.
• Become familiar with and be able to run WAM equipment and other associated equipment in support of Operation Technicians and assigned manufacturing tasks
• Development of integrated robotic systems for operational capabilities. Development of associated operational procedures including quality system documents and safety systems.
• Installation, commission and problem solving of ARCEMY production cells.
• Assist with development of robotic WAM integrated machining and machine learning.
• Assistance to the software engineer for robotic welding procedures related to 3D build path software improvements.
• Identify opportunities where WAM process could be advantageous to the company’s IP and 3D printing manufacturing capabilities. Developing new robotic strategies and capabilities.
• Assist in undertaking development of any related Software, Hardware, Manufacturing Equipment and other needs of the company.
• Establish Design Guides to ensure lessons learned and best practices are documented.
• Oversee operations and planning of the 3D robotic equipment for prototyping, testing and manufactured parts.
• Assisting with development of any related Software, Hardware, Manufacturing Equipment and other needs of the company.
• Overseeing and managing key personnel, workshop activities including training plans, development of the company’s technical capability to enhance production. This will include off-site facilities and may include travel.
• Assist in maintaining and developing training for the operations and WAM processes for local and international sites.
• For manufacturing of parts: Oversee creation of build planning and files, layouts, improving cost estimation models and studies, modify CAD models to reflect WAM standard work.
• Improve/update Design Guides to ensure lessons learned and best practices are documented.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Experience in Industry 4.0 Technologies, Disruptive Technologies, Robotic Welding and/or Wire Additive Manufacturing.
• Strong people management and advanced engineering skills.
• Strong welding experience or equivalent robotics welding and manufacturing automation.
• Background in industries including robotics, advanced manufacturing, engineering and PLC programming.
• Tertiary qualifications in either Mechatronics, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Metallurgy or other related discipline.
• Experience in industries including aerospace, defense, marine, energy and chemicals is preferred.
• A manufacturing skillset including product workflow, operations, quality, HSE, 5S, sales support and business acumen is essential.
• Being a self-starter and highly motivated with the ability to report on all aspects of business, program and process management.
As well as the above attributes, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a proven track record in managing a division of a larger business.
Current: ST Electronics at AMK
Later: in the WEST once the factory is ready
Diploma or Higher
Intermediate or Experienced
Years of Experience:
Robotics Welding experiences will be a plus.
AM Technology (Hardware / Process)