Senior Electronics Engineer
About The Job
Structo is looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer (7-10yrs) to drive the development of our next-generation 3D printing products and technologies. You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle of our printers from helping shape the vision in the boardroom to optimizing production on the factory floor. Close collaboration with our cross-functional R&D team will allow you to work effectively with rapid feedback from product designers, test engineers, chemical formulation experts, and manufacturing technicians.
Within our engineering team you will help design embedded control systems, motion control power electronics and safety systems with a sound understanding of manufacturability and regulatory compliance. Your independent and methodical work ethic and strong creative abilities will help you succeed in this role.
- Design and Development of Electronic system for our next generation 3D printers and other Structo products including start to finish ownership of hardware, from specification to design, prototype and manufacturing.
- Design Schematics, layout, and release Gerber files for manufacturing.
- Design Test System Instrumentation.
- Prepare necessary documents (BOM, wire list, etc) and coordinate with external parties for PCB fabrication, PCBA, harness and testing.
- Design, maintain, implement, and improve PCB components, electrical system, and power electronics of existing and new products.
- Work with the Sustaining Engineering team to resolve the production issues.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Collaborate with mechanical, software and materials science engineer to successfully develop, test, validate and manufacture hardware
- Provide technical support to Quality and Compliance teams during the qualification phase
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in designing hardware for commercial products.
Circuit Design: Microcontroller, Microprocessor based Digital systems, Mixed-signal design, power electronics
- Hands on experience with PCB design and Simulation Tools KiCAD, Altium, PSpice, or equivalent.
- New product design experience, designed for CE & FCC compliance, EMI/EMC, familiar with IEC 60950 & IPC standards
- Working knowledge with Sensors, actuators, motor drives and communication links like SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet, Wireless, etc…
- Strong in Hardware & System level troubleshooting
- NI LabView or other instrumentation software proficiency desirable.
- Basic understanding of firmware programs for Microcontroller, SOC and SOM
Senior Electronics Engineer
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Intermediate or Experienced
Years of Experience:
Structo is a Singapore-based dental 3D printing solutions provider. We design, develop and build 3D printers tailored for dental applications using our unique proprietary Mask Stereolithography or MSLA technology. We have our solutions installed in leading dental laboratories worldwide across 4 continents.